Bits of X.J

Bits of X.J

Sunday 12 July 2015

Spade's Burger @ Raja Uda

Today my parents and I went to try the new burger joint in town. The name 'Spade's burger' is no stranger to fellow Penangites. It has been founded since 2013 and its first outlet at Medan Kampung Relau in Penang island has been so successful that they have expanded their business to the mainland in none other than Raja Uda, the best place to 'cari makan' in Butterworth. This new branch has just opened their doors to patrons since 9th of June 2015. They are currently only opened for dinner from 5.30pm to 10.30pm unlike their island counterpart.

It is easy to spot the first-timers- they will be studying intently the menu and the corresponding graphic chart before ordering. Lol.. I have been planning to try this for a long time but haven't had the chance to.. I'm so glad they are now opened so near to my house that I can visit whenever I have craving for their burgers. Advised to go early as the place is super crowded when we reached at 7pm. 
All the tables were occupied and we had to wait for a vacant one.

The new Spade's burger branch in Raja Uda- Crowded!

The graphic chart/menu was really helpful. My mum just pointed out to me which one she wants and I made the order for her. But the area in front of the menu is always crowded with people as many customers gathered in front of it to decide which burger they want. In the end we each ordered different burgers using different proteins. I ordered a Porky Pair 2.0, the mum ordered a Green Submarine while the dad decided to go for a Chick (burger).

Porky Pair 2.0 Rm12.50
Green Submarine Rm13.00 
Chick Rm10.50


The graphic menu/chart

Menu at the counter
SpadesSauce and Red Hot sauce- So goooood!
The burgers are delicious and special. I especially like the cheese crisp and caramelised bacon...So yummy. My mum told me there is something in her fish burger that she could not figure out but it tastes good.. Being curious like I always am, i took a bite of the white piece and gave my verdict almost immediately, 'It's lychee la!!' My mum laughed at how she could not identify lychee.. So we know now whose taste buds are better. Haha.

They serve burgers with patties that are made from 100% meat without fillers, MSG and preservative. Spade's burger also make their own sauces and each burger comes with different sauces and toppings. All 3 of us looooove the sauce so much we keep asking for more from the counter. The SpadesSauce tasted a little like ranch + mustard + garlic while the Red Hot is like the first combination + chili.


The burgers are sold ala carte and you just need to pay an extra Rm5.50 for a set of fries and refillable soft drinks. The fries are wayyy better than McD's and so much crispier. You can tell they are made from scratch as the potato skin are still visible on some of them.


Initially we felt that ~Rm10-19 for a burger is a little too expensive. We thought it was just a burger but we thought wrong. The burgers are really awesome and I cant wait to try the others. Before leaving the joint, the mum whispered to me that she wants to have Spade's Burger on her coming birthday in August... LOL! So, these are definitely no ordinary burgers, my mum is already hooked~ 

P.S: The good news is... there is no GST or service charge! :)

Address: 
99, Jalan Raja Uda, 12300 Butterworth, Pulau Pinang

Opening hours: 5.30pm-10.30pm (for now), closed on Mondays

https://www.facebook.com/SpadesBurger/timeline

No comments:

Post a Comment