Bits of X.J

Bits of X.J

Sunday 12 July 2015

Nyonya Colors @ The Gardens

Just before we head back to our lovely Penang again, we decided to drop by Midvalley Megamall to fill our tummies before hitting the road. After wandering around the lower ground floor, we came to this packed-to-the-brim Nyonya food eatery 'Nyonya Colors'. We decided to give it  a try. When you cannot decide what is tasty to eat at an unfamilliar place, follow the crowd and you can't go wrong.

Nyonya Colors specializes in premium homemade quality Nyonya kueh and delights. They have a wide selection of kuehs at the counter where you can order and carry back to your table. The first one that caught my eyes is the ondeh-ondeh, my favourite Nyonya kueh of all time. It contains gula melaka a.k.a palm sugar inside and it is sweet and delicious. Personally I like the ones i have bought from Jonker Street @ Malacca better just because they contain more palm sugar. Hehe...

Ondeh-ondeh Rm2.80 for 6 pieces

The husband ordered for himself nasi lemak rendang ayam, while I decided to try their yellow laksa (Thai). He also ordered a curry chee cheong fan and cendol redbean to share. I like anything with santan (coconut milk) even though I am highly aware that it is unhealthy.. So the laksa I ordered hit the right note with me as it contains santan. Nasi lemak was good as expected while the curry chee cheong fan is our favourite! The curry had just the right amount of thickness and I like that they sprinkle a generous amount of sesame seeds and fried onions on top, just the way I like it. I expected the cendol to be really good but it was just alright, nothing to shout about. 


Nasi Lemak Rendang Ayam Rm11.50; Curry Chee Cheong Fan Rm6.50; Yellow Laksa (Thai) Rm11.50

Cendol Redbean Rm5.40
Nyonya style interior

Super crowded

We enjoyed our lunch at Nyonya Colors very much. I can't wait to bring my parents here on our next trip to K.L as they love Nyonya food especially my mum. You won't see the last of me! :p 

P.S: Nyonya Colors provide free delivery services to most areas in Petaling Jaya and selected areas in central Kuala Lumpur. If you wish to order their delicious Nyonya Kueh and snacks, please select the food you want from their menu and fill up the order form, which you may send it to them via email (nyonyacl@gmail.com) or fax (03-7710 1263). Alternatively, you may also call them at 03-7728 2288 to place your order.

Nyonya Colors
LG 230A, Lower Ground Floor
The Gardens Shopping Mall
Mid Valley City Kuala Lumpur

Office address: 
Little Cravings Sdn Bhd 
7A, Jalan SS 21/34 Damansara Utama 
47400 Petaling Jaya 
Tel: 03-7728 2288 Fax:03-7710 1263 
Email: Lcraving@tm.net.my 

Outlets:
Nyonya Colors 
F65, First Floor 1 Utama Shopping Centre 
Bandar Utama, PJ 

Nyonya Colors 
F66, First Floor Jaya Jusco 
Bukit Raja Klang 

Little Cravings 
LG320, Lower Ground Floor 
1 Utama Shopping Centre 
Bandar Utama, PJ 

Opening hours: Daily, 10am-10pm


Phone: 03-2287 0087


www.nyonyacolors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment