Bits of X.J

Bits of X.J

Saturday 11 July 2015

Anniversary trip to K.L- Magnum Cafe & Antipodean Cafe @Midvalley Megamall


We went on a roadtrip to K.L from 7-9th of June, as my hubby was to attend a conference at Pullman Hotel, and it just so happened that our anniversary falls on the 6th of June! So we took this opportunity to celebrate our 2nd anniversary together...


We booked  Pullman Hotel for 2 nights, and me being the new-age economical money-saving wife that i am, i managed to secure the cheapest rate for the hotel, only Rm300 plus per night- cheaper cos minus the breakfast since he will be attending the conference since 8am... Too lazy to get up earlier than that to eat... hehe..

We woke up early at 530am, left Penang at about 6.30am and reached KL at 10am! Guess where we decided to have our breakfast.. Ikea...Cheap, satisfying and tasty... Love the karipaps and the corndogs and the free coffee (free 2 cups for Ikea members!).... I just loooooove coffee...My hubby loves the ice-cream... Then we went to shop at 1 Utama- one of my fav shopping places in K.L.. we had Sushi Zanmai for lunch... 

At 2pm, we checked into Pullman hotel.. I registered as Leclub Accorhotels member but was told that i could not earn points for the 2 nights that I'm staying as the room was booked at a cheaper promotion rate.. Darn it.

But I must say, the room is nice.



A huge piece of glass separates the bedroom area from the bathroom.


In the evening, we went to Midvalley Megamall. And finally, i get to try the customize-your-own Magnum ice-cream! Located on the third floor of the mall, it is the first Magnum Cafe in Malaysia. After more than 6 months since its official launch, the queue is still very long. There were easily 20+ people ahead of me. Too much time to kill during queuing, we even had time for selfies :p


Selfie time

At Rm9.90 a piece, I think it is quite affordable but the husband said he can buy 3 magnum ice-cream at the petrol kiosk at that price. Men.. Anyway, i have decided to customize my own ice-cream... with so many toppings to select from, I was spoilt for choice.


Wide selection of toppings
Pweeeety...
I picked chocolate ice-cream dipped in dark chocolate topped with culinary rose petals, assorted almonds and chocolate crunch balls. Lastly I drizzle it with white chocolate.. One word. Heavenly... I love how the bitter taste of dark chocolate contrast against the sweet chocolate ice-cream within with both the crunchy rose petals and chocolate balls... Nice... Who knew rose petals is even edible, i certainly didn't. I just like to try new things.

My hubby on the other hand, is always one for convenience, or should i say, lazy? Lol.. He actually just picked the first signature combo he sees off the list from the menu. Typical.. Anyway, his combo turned out to be overly sweet. Haha. 



My customized Magnum ice-cream and the huband's Sweet Fantasy

After exploring the mall, the husband complained he is hungry. Oh well, he is always hungry. So I took him to Antipodean Cafe- a quaint Australia-style cafe which serves over 30 different all-day brunch dishes.

Menu on a blackboard wall.,, Cute

Fresh carnations on every table...

We ordered the signature Big breakfast and smoked salmon omelette. Big breakfast was, as the name suggested, big...and i like the toast and the hash brown. It was unlike any i have ever had. However, the supposed main star of the dish which is the bacon had too much fat to my liking.  The smoked salmon was just alright for me but the husband liked it. He loves salmon. For drinks, we ordered fresh strawberry for myself and pineapple juice for the husband. I can never resist fresh strawberry juice.. But the strawberry juice is not as nice and a little more diluted than the one i have had once upon a time in Batu Pahat.

BIG Breakfast... Rm19
Smoked salmon omelette Rm 20, fresh pineapple and strawberry juice Rm9 each.
The meal was nice overall. We would probably visit again someday to try the many other items on the menu. That night we retired to our hotel room, feeling full and satisfied.

Operation hours: 7.30am till midnight, daily


Address: 
GE-11(A), Ground floor, The Boulevard, Midvalley Megamall

No comments:

Post a Comment