Bits of X.J

Bits of X.J

Thursday 3 September 2015

Restoran Keat Seng @ Air Itam

This is a coffee shop located in the Air Putih neighbourhood of Air Itam. During the evening, there is a row of hawker stalls selling various food along the small road next to the restaurant, making it a popular street food area for Air Itam residents. Among the food available here are Thai laksa, char kuey teow, char koay kak, apom, fried chicken, fish bihun soup, fried oyster and many more. Whenever I go there, I become undecided what to eat as there is so many choices and I get easily full and therefore could not order everything there. :p

Keat Seng Restaurant
However, my favourite is still Thai laksa. If any of you have never tried or heard of Thai laksa before, to explain it simply, it is our local laksa + coconut milk. As anyone who knows me well, I cannot resist any food with coconut milk, it just makes everything taste and smell much better. YUMmmm... The soup is so flavourful and I just can't get enough with one bowl. 
It is only Rm3.80 per bowl and it comes with bits of fish, pineapple & cucumber.

The stall
My bowl of Thai Laksa- Rm3.80
The food stalls in the restaurant opens quite early. When we reach around 5 something they were already in full operation, but the hawker stalls along the street only starts opening at around 6.15pm as we were about to leave. We decided to try the apom which sells for RM3 for every 5 pieces. They have two types of flavours- the original classic flavour and also the green one with coconut mixed with palm sugar inside. This is my first time tasting the green type so I can't really comment much, but my mother used to make this when she was a small girl. She said it tastes quite good.

Apom telur or original (can mix n' match) Rm3 for 5 pieces

My palm sugar + coconut filled apom telur
Really excited to have found such a gem in Penang. We would definitely come again and again. 

P.S: You can park your car at the carpark located just a bit further along the street after you turn into the road for  RM1 or you can choose to park along the shophouses opposite the carpark for free.

Address: Jalan Air Hitam, 11500 Ayer Itam, Pulau Pinang

Opening hours: Evening ( after 6.15pm), closed on every second Wednesday of the month

Phone:+60 4-829 5305







No comments:

Post a Comment